Brookhaven Housing Market Update
2016 Home Prices & Real Estate Trends in 30319
Wondering how the Brookhaven real estate market is faring? Are home prices still on the rise or starting to level off? Do many sellers see multiple offers? Are luxury homes still selling quickly? All of these questions will be answered in the Brookhaven Housing Market Report below….
BROOKHAVEN (30319) MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The average single family home sales price is the highest it’s be in at least 10 years
- 2 of the 3 most expensive homes sold this quarter — over $3.0 million!
- 32% of the 30319 real estate listings sold in less than 2 weeks (3Q 2016)
- Housing inventory is still very low – especially single family homes under $700K
- About 20% of the homes sold over asking price (down a bit from previous years) (3Q 2016)
MORE MARKET TRENDS
Brookhaven Home Sales :: Highest # Sold in 5+ Years
213 single family homes sold in 2Q 2016 (April-June) — almost double from the bottom of the market.
Brookhaven Home Prices :: Highest average sales price in at least 7 Years
It’s not reflected in the chart below, but we just pulled the Q3 2016 home sales numbers and the average sales price was $721,000! This is due in part to two homes that sold over $3M. Before the market crashed, the average home price in Brookhaven was in the low $500s. Pretty impressive progress!
Brookhaven Housing :: Selling Quickly!
The median number of days to sell a home in Brookhaven, Georgia has been about 20 days since the market started to recover. This Spring (and last) it only took 14 days. Please note that the average number of days a home is on the market is one month. The higher price point homes do tend to take about 2x longer to sell.
If you have any questions about the Brookhaven housing market, we’re here! Call anytime at 404-205-8800.